LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anukrishnan G (student)     14 November 2012

To apply for bail

i have just started my practice as a lawyer (2 weeks). now i got a crown case(appointed me as the legal aid counse). as i just started my practice i dont know what to do. pls help.

here my client (accused) was caught by police in 2005 for attempt to cheat and forgery. and at that time he got bail. but he vioated the conditions and doesnot appear before court. now he was rearrested and the court appnted me as his counsel. 

the accused is charged with S.511 of 420,468,471 of IPC

>can i take bail . if so what are the procedures. 

>he or his relatives dont have any property owned by them.they were residing in rented house. so they cant produce sufficient documents for bail.

>can he get bail by bond.

Learning

1 Replies

surjit singh (Assistant)     14 November 2012

Since you are the counsel of the accused, you will have to take all legal step which the accused(your client ) is entitled to. You can file an application for bail, but you have to see when was the bail granted and for how long your client has not appeared before  the court. When any accused is arrested on violation of the bail order, the period of his custody after the arrest for violation is of great significance.

If the court gives him bail on sureity you can produce persons who is a government servant or any other person who is having landed property as his sureity. It is not necessary that the accused should have his own property. Since you are new in the profession I wish you all success in life.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register