LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nitin (marketting manager)     09 October 2014

Threttening my grand father for property

Hello ,

   I have an issue with one of our relatives,

i have my grand father who is in india he is 90 years and a heart patient,my father expired when we were kids we are two brothers,both married and my brother stays in the village and i stay in US, recently

my brothers  in law uncle,my babhi's father threatened my grand father to give him certain property

he came to my house at 10:00PM in the night and he along with his daughter came to my house and shouted at him,since i am not staying at home they threatened him,

he kicked a chair in my house and left my old parents [grand father 90 years, grand mother 79 years,my mother 60 years] he[my brothers father in law] threatened all of them and left.

 what should i do to protect my old parents from here? my brother is not educated and he is not able to stop them,he is becoming a victim at home and so he is not able to speak,can any one suggest me how can i protect my old parents?




 1 Replies

Satyadarshi Kunal (advocate)     19 October 2014

Hi Nitin,

It is very unfortunate that people in such an old age has to undergo such kind of frustrations. You have two options available under law:

1. Lodge an F.I.R against your bhabhi and her father

2. Get an injunction order from the court to restrain them from entering to your property.

You may excercise either of the options or can also go for both.

Further, also let me know where exactly is your grand parents are situated. You may call on my number 9555322277 (available after 5.00 PM to have a better conversation on the issue or alternative,y you may choose to write me on my email id You definitely have a solution to this unfortunate event and can do a lot for your grandparents while sitting abroad.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query