LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mr. Anonymous   28 August 2021

threatened by Office

My office bearers asked me to send the parcel and I sent it by courier and took the receipt but the parcel has not arrived yet so the office bearers are threatening to sue me
what can i do ? please help me

Learning

1 Replies

Kevin Moses Paul   28 August 2021

As per your query, let me inform you that you're employer could proceed to take legal actions against you under the Indian Penal Code (IPC), 1860 for "Misappropriation". The Section 403 IPC states that - "When a person dishonestly misappropriated or uses the property of another person to satisfy his own purpose or to capitalize if for one's own use, has committed the offense of criminal misappropriation, shall be punished with imprisonment for not less than a term that may extend up to 2 years of imprisonment with fine or without fine, provided that the property is movable in nature". This is because, you did an act not as per what was instructed and moreover to that the property has yet not been received. However, you've stated above that you have the receipt of the courier so in order to prevent your company to take any legal action against you, you must proceed to the courier company and try to get a trace over the courier and details of its location, since there is a possibility that the courier couldn't be delivered to due to address issues and thus might be available at a delivery office, from where you occupy the courier. Right now, it is better that you approach the courier company and try all very best in order to get hold of the courier. You can get track of the courier with the help of the link given below, try it to get tracking details of the courier - https://trackcourier.io/ Hope It Helps! Regards, Kevin M. Paul

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register