LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tejeswini N   23 February 2024

Threat of filing false case from a family member.

My uncle (mother's younger brother) had been bothering my mother about handing over some property paper to him since my father's death last year (in 2023). But my mother didn't have that paper and she didn't know where that paper is. Despite telling him that multiple times, he kept calling up and bothering her.

My mother was a cancer survivor. Her health was already in a pretty bad condition. But with her brother's recent calls and threats (he was threatening to put some police case on her), her health condition deteriorated pretty quickly over the past month, and she died on 18th February 2024. 

Now that she is dead, I am afraid that his threats will be directed towards me or my sister (the two surviving members of the family). I am a divorcee living alone (now that  both my parents are dead). I'm worried about my physical safety, and if he will put some police case on me (as he was threatening to do with my mother).

My fear is not based on his threats alone, but also on things he has actually done in the past. He (and some other family members from my mother's side) had falsely implicated my father in a crime someone else had committed, and my father had to roam around courts for years to try and prove his innocence. 

My question is this: Since he (my uncle) has actually not done anything, but has only threatened my family and me, what can I do legally to stop him from trapping me in some false case, or harming me in some other way? 

I'd be grateful for any advice I can get from the experts here.


 1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 February 2024

In the event of your uncle threatening you then you consult an advocate in the local and issue a legal notice to him warning him of the legal consequences if he is not refraining from indulging in such illegal activities.


2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register