Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajay (Staff)     19 June 2022

Tenanted property

My mother has a tenanted commercial room in a Cessed  building in Mumbai, which she used to used for quite some time as her office premises. She retired in the year 2000, but still maintained the room and paid the landlord the rent. I am not sure how up to date she is with the rent payments.

Unfortunately she has fallen very sick six months ago.  She used to handle her own financial affairs independently, without involving her children, as a result we do not know much about her financial affairs. I am not able to understand anything she speaks.

Going thru her papers, I see rent receipts up to 1998, and subsequently I see some rent cheques made to the landlord, but I don't see any rent receipts.

I am not sure how I handle this situation with the landlord, as he may start demanding more money as I don't have rent receipts.

Looking for learned advice how to handle this situation?



 3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     19 June 2022

There are several lawyers in Mumbai. search google or Justdial.bombay.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     20 June 2022

Discuss with landlord and sort out your apprehension amicably, if any.

It is not a legal dispute for consideration and obligation of experts on this platform.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     20 June 2022

If cheques are issued the payments reflect in her Bank Statement.  Explain to the landlord and get things sorted out.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query