FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arunachalam (Studebt)     13 December 2013

Tenant not paying rent

Respected Sir ,

I rented out my property for a person about 6 months ago and the agreement was for 24 months period .I have not received rent for past 3 months .this person is connected with the opposition party of the state .he is not answering my phone calls and if we ask to vacate,his wife is asking where will we go now .to vacate these people from my house immediately what actions I have to take .I m afraid that the legal process may take a very long time and money .please help me to vacate them legally without any problem .I live in USA and my widowed mom as to deal with this .



 5 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 December 2013


Whether you like it or not, the best solution is legal action only. If your agreement conditions satisfy, you may straight away issue a legal notice and file an eviction petition before the concerned court for default in rental payment, let him answer before the court. Consult a good lawyer who may not tilt sides after filing the case and engage him for your legal needs.

Arunachalam (Studebt)     13 December 2013

Thanks for the reply sir .So even after an eviction if they dont vacate my house will the police help in evicting them from the house ?

Bobby Mani T (Lawyer)     15 December 2013

The court has its own system for enforcing its orders.  So dont worry about the proceedings after you get an eviction order.+-

Rutumbhara Nayak (lawyer)     08 January 2014

Eviction without legal counselor or any legal guide will be very difficult task as you have said that you have not received rent for past 3 months which is very long period so my advice is please approach to the court because in cases like eviction of house you cannot evict house without creating deterrent effect in person mind, the ground on which you can file petition before the rent control court for evicting is arrears of rent. And further claim eviction of the ground of "tenant possessing reasonable accommodation" and further claim own use. You need to contact a good lawyer to discuss the matter further.You can call me at 09555 507 507 or send me a mail at info@lawkonect.com.

Chandra   30 November 2022

Sir, we have a 2 shutter shop in our property premises which we have leased it out to a tenant. We are not practising any Agreement between the Tenant and us. The tenant has not paid rent for the past 4 months. How can we get him vacated legally although we did not sign any agreement among the two parties ? Please help us with your valuable replies.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query