Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AJ (owner)     01 March 2014

Taking back a cheque issued

Dear sir 

I was a director of a company.I resigned from my position.On my last board meeting there was discussion on selling of company assets where where I agreed to sell a software worth 
Rs 85,906/-  .

Then I had few clients in mind and thought could sell that software.I had issued a cheque to the company as a security against the software as I was supposed to be given custody of that software .However the company handed me over only one module of the software

Still I tried my best to sell the software but did not succeed .

So I decided to surrender the part of software I had and asked them my cheque back

Now the company is saying since I had agreed to sell the software it is my responsibility to pay them even if the software is not sold

They are even threatening me that they will present my cheque in the bank and take me to court

I have many times sent them emails and told them not present the cheque and I have issued a stop payment.

I have also clearly specified that I was only trying to help them to sell software and no point of time interested to buy that software .

What should be my next course of action?

Please help out in this 

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     01 March 2014

Arrange to the party money in alternate arrangement and get back the cheque.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register