Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Surname change after marriage for women

Page no : 2

Madhu Mittal (Director)     06 June 2015

Respected Sir Hemant ji,

According to you having two surname of a lady is offence,

2.  Similarly,  a Woman  "AFTER"   marriage CANNOT continue using her  "maiden surname" (her fathers surname).  She is compulsorily bound by Law (and now by the latest HC order)  to change her old maiden surname  INTO  her latest married surname (which happens by legal default).

There is no provision under ANY Indian law to retain two different surnames. IT is a legal offfence of  intentional "Misrepresentation" and "Fraud",  when done so for purposes of Passport, Ration Card, Pan card, Bank account, Business registrations etc...

But at thread :

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Same-person-dual-name--372731.asp#.VXLUltKqqkp

it is said :

Murder is a crime because INDIAN PENAL CODE lays so.Had it not been so, murder could not be said to be a crime.

I am not aware of any law that lays 'keeping or to be known by two names' is a crime.

Then who shall tell the law?

I am who says it to be not a crime or one who claims it to be a crime.

Then you are burdened to show me law that makes it crime.

Please change or confirm your previous opinion, if possible, it will enlighten the knowledge of every member of fourm.

I am not expert so I can not write the said thing on the thread : https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Same-person-dual-name--372731.asp#.VXLUltKqqkp

So please make your comments/opinion on the above thread also, so law may be clear to all members of the forum once more on this point.

Thanks and with Respect.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     07 June 2015

Kind Attention:  "Madhu Mittal"

1.  You are requested to RE-READ (this time more S-L-O-W-L-Y) my previous posts (as above), to understand the deeper implications on usage of multiple names.  Also RE-READ the referred Mumbai High Court order on the issue of multiple names.

2.  As far as experts comments on your mentioned  thread is concerned, the opinion is of the relevant expert and he may be a appropriate person to explain.  I do not form my opinion on others opinion.  I prefer to agree with elses opinion (unconditionally) .OR. I simply ignore the elses opinion, INSTEAD of arguing on the same.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal 
READ ARTICLES ON: https://hemantagarwal21.blogspot.in/?view=sidebar 

Madhu Mittal (Director)     08 July 2015

Respected Sir Hemant Agrawalji,

You have written this above:

“Dear All.

1.  By virtue of the various Marriage Acts and rules, the female automatically acquires (by legal default)”

I want to know in which marriage acts and rules, it is written.

I am giving you trouble after re-reading your post very slowly and Mumbai High Court decision named Neelam Dadasaheb Shewale vs Dadasaheb Bandu Shewale  Decided On: 17.02.2010 MANU/MH/0111/2010 and various other threads on the subject .  Because as per you having two surnames are crime and lady could not retain two surname, and by legal default, and even she could not retain her maiden name.  she had to take husband surname, whereas others are telling that it is her discretion. Even A lady can keep both surnames.

Thanks with Regards,

Madhu Mittal (Director)     12 July 2015

“Dear All.

1.  By virtue of the various Marriage Acts and rules, the female automatically acquires (by legal default)”

“Dear All.

“Dear All.

Democratic Indian (n/a)     14 July 2015

Multiple names is not an offense in itself. Your name is your domain, your discretion or your baby. The State has no right to compel, interfere or force name on you. It is part of your personal freedoms and liberties guaranteed under Part III of the Constitution of India. Fully agree with the views expressed by eminent and learned advocates in the following threads:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Same-person-dual-name--372731.asp#.VTTIgdKqqko

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Name-change-after-marriage-115506.asp#.VY5Wixuqqko

Madhu Mittal (Director)     14 July 2015

“Dear All.

I want to get it confirmed from you  because there is different opinions on the subject and I could not get it anywhere in spite of my best efforts. please oblige.

Thanks in advance with due respect,

Thanks for Democratic Indian sir for your reply.

reena   05 October 2016

hii

surname changing after marriege is very important so thanks to disscuss on these topic and give these valuable information about changing suname and want to know your pan card details visit these link.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register