Submission of IT Returns

A Gov. employee has not submitted the IT returns for the last few years.  (He used to give to an agent who comes to his office.  But the agent cheated him).   There is no tax due tot the Govt.  Insted, he has to get back excess tax paid.  What is the recourse ?  Whether he can file the returns with such inordinate delay ?



You can file the Income tax return related to f.y 2008-09 with penalty of Rs. 5000/- upto 31.03.2011 & Income tax return related to f.y 2009-10 upto 31.03.2011 there i no any penalty for filing of I.T return for the F.y 2009-10 upto 31.03.2011.


dear gaurav,

                      why is ITdeptt website levying late charges and other charges when i have gone to their webiste for online computation of tax if there are no fees .


Dear Sir,

If you filed your return after due date you will be liable to pay the penalty (min rs. 5000/-) of non-filing of return.

in case during this period you income is non-taxable so you don't liable to filing the return.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x