Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PRASHANT PATEL (PROPRIETOR)     18 May 2012

Stop payment request

i am facing serious question. 

i need to give 3 lakh to my uncle which is unregistered. 

for that i have given cheque of 3 lakh for the sattlement.

for somewhat reason i given cash to sattle the account and he promised to give me to give me cheque back in two days. 10 days passed and he refused to give the same.

my question concern is whether i can cancel the cheque by stop payment? balance is insufficient in account. 

but i can give in written to bank with two person in proof while giving 3 lakh that i have given 3 lakh for the same..

what can be consequnces and whether it is possible or not......

please advice me how i can cancel the cheque or any solution for this problem.

Learning

3 Replies

Ranee....... (NA)     18 May 2012

Write an application with the cheque no and get one copy of the same recieved.to the branch manager to stop the payment.Bank will charge a minimum amount from you .But it will work.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     18 May 2012

Dear Prashant

ranee is right, you should send a notice with all the facts and circumstances to your uncle after stop the payment of cheque.

Feel free to call

R Trivedi (advocate.dma@gmail.com)     18 May 2012

Stop Payment of any nature, process will start in case your uncle wants to put you into trouble.

Since it is the fresh matter, go to your uncle with some senior people, and politely take his permision for stop payment and get a letter signed, even the stop payment request can have his signature. Then do the needful with Bank. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register