LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

estranged wife (Housewife)     10 November 2016

Stay order afer issue of recovery warrent

Recovery warrant order has been issued by court in my maintenance 125 case.Maintenance oder is exparty order.Recovery Warrant order is also an exparty order .Husbands 126(2) is pending in the same court .Can he get stay order from high court?


 4 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     10 November 2016

Yes he can get it.

1 Like

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     11 November 2016

Yes but only upon mentioning the same and approaching through the appropriate remedy. Augustine Chatterjee 9999931153
1 Like

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     11 November 2016

.You can get the exparte orders set aside  within 3 months from the date of exparte order for good cause being shown.If   you appreciate this answer please convey my forum clicking thanks button.

the Virtual Legal Assistant to build your case briefs as you use the website and to professionally manage your legal research. Become a Premium Member and enjoy ad-free experience. Free for three months and pay only if you like it.

Central Government Act
Section 126 in The Code Of Criminal Procedure, 1973

126. Procedure.

(1) Proceedings under section 125 may be taken against any person in any district-
(a) where he is, or
(b) where he or his wife, resides, or
(c) where he last resided with his wife, or as the case may be, with the mother of the illegitimate child.
(2) All evidence in such proceedings shall be taken in the presence of the person against whom an order for payment of maintenance is proceed to be made, or, when his personal attendance is dispensed with, in the presence of his pleader, and shall be recorded in the manner prescribed for summons- cases: Provided that if the Magistrate is satisfied that the person against whom an order for payment of maintenance is proposed to be made is wilfully avoiding service, or wilfully neglecting to attend the Court, the Magistrate may proceed to hear and determine the case ex parte and any order so made may be set aside for good cause shown on an application made within three months from the date thereof subject to such terms including terms at to payment of costs to the opposite party as the Magistrate may think just and proper.

(3) The Court in dealing with applications under section 125 shall have power to make such order as to costs as may be jus

1 Like

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     11 November 2016

PPossibly he might.But High Court fter examining  both parties income from al sources wil award maintainance. You nwed no tpwrry on thatr count.He manot get any staay order staying your maintainance.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query