Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sumanth   31 May 2017

Stamp duty to rectify a missing slash in survey number

Dear Sir,

I purchased a property in 2003 it was a GPA property executed by my uncle, now in 2017 i noticed there is a mistake in sale deed that is instead of survey number 72/1 in sale deed it is survey number 721 a slash is missing. it was a typo error in GPA which is carried in sale deed by document writer which neither my uncle or my father noticed.

Now my uncle is dead, and  original owner is untraceable, What is my option here, i recently applied for EC, it is not reflecting  in 72/1 but if i give 721 i can see the transcation in EC.

Subregistrar is saying we need to pay present day stamp duty which is expensive,  is it really required to pay that much to rectify typo error

i am lost please help me.

Regards,

Learning

2 Replies

Raveena Kataria (Advocate )     26 June 2017

Yes, if you want any corrections in the sale deed, you will have to pay requisite stamp duty (100Rs) and get your 'rectification deed' registered with the authority in question. (100Rs more.) Since all the parties to the original deed should be present for execution of the deed and your uncle is deceased, any legal heir (in place of your uncle) can be present. It'd be best that you go ahead with the rectification without any further delay so as to avoid future encumbrances.

Raveena Kataria (Advocate )     26 June 2017

Removed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register