LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vasant yadav   15 March 2024

Stamp duty & registration

We have 1402&1403 flat registration on single agreement, in this agreement 1402 flat no. Is getting free of cost as ownership bases and 1403 was purchase , so we have to pay the stamp duty on the consideration but at the payment of stamp duty time I mentioned only flat no. 1402 it is valid or what is the solution on this.

Learning

3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     15 March 2024

You purchased the flat 1402 and so its registration is valid.  The flat 1403 allotted to you as owner's share.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 March 2024

You have paid stamp duty and registration charges towards the purchase of a flat,  which subsequently becomes your own and absolute property by the virtue of the registered sale deed on your name. 

The other flat was allotted to you as owner's share which do not require registration formalities 

vasant yadav   16 March 2024

i have purchased flat no. 1403 and flat no. 1402 is free of cost because of ownershiop. 

but at a time of paying stamp duty i have mentioned only flat  no. 1402, its vaild or not ?

both flat no. 1402 & 1403 is on same agreement, i have paid stamp duty on consideration that is higher than market value. but i mentioned only flat no. 1402 at the time of paying stamp duty.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register