Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

karan agarwal (se)     23 June 2021

Stamp duty and registration charges for gift deed in u.p.

I am holding a property in Kanpur (Uttar Pradesh) in which me and my brother has 50% - 50% partnership. 

My Brother wants to gift his share to me.

I want to know that:

1) What would be the  Stamp Duty on the Gift Deed and the Registration Charges.

2) As 50% property already belongs to me and my brother would be gifting his part (i.e. remaining 50%  of the total property that belongs to him), So, would the stamp duty be applicable on 50% value of the total property value or on the 100% value of property.

Learning

3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     23 June 2021

Some of the States in India reduced the stamp duty in respect of Gift deeds executed in favour of blood relation i.e father, mother, wife, husband, brother and sister.   The stamp duties vary from one State to another State.  I think it is 2% of the value of the party or Market Value (government value) whichever is higher.

Shashikant V. Patil (Lawyer)     24 June 2021

Stamp duty for gift deeds is differ state to state. Whatever , it is applicable it will be given only on your brother's share owned by him and not applicable to your share. You may check up from concerned Sub Registrar Office which belongs  your Village/Taluka of your land  which fall under their jurisdiction..

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 June 2021

As rightly observed by experts, the stamp duty differs from one state to  another.

You may enquire about the applicable stamp duty from the local registrar's office.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register