LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sainath   11 December 2018

Spelling mistake of my father name in my sale deed document

Dear Sir,

I have purchased a land property one year ago with Bank loan on my Name. I recently observed that there is a Small Spelling mistake with my Father's name.

Property is registered in my Name (Sainath G K). My Father name is Balagopalaiah G. But mistakenly, it is typed as Balagopaiah G in the sale deed. The mistake is missing of "al" letters in my Father's name.

Will there be any problem/issue in Future or Now?

Note : Currently the original Property documents are with Bank as it is purchased with a Property Loan.

Kindly clarify my doubt.


Sainath G K


 4 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     11 December 2018

every body write a different spelling when it refers to the name of a person. as such there are no prescribed universally accepted spellings. so as such no issue would arise in relation to difference in spelling of name of your father if other particulars are correct.

Shashi Dhara   11 December 2018

Rectify it with another instrument

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 December 2018

Your’s, your father’s correct name is as in his birth certificate/school certificate etc

If you have filled correct name with correct spellings in all forms etc and attached ID docs then you are not at fault.

Point out variances to O/o registering authority.

If you signed on blank forms and someone else filled (e.g; lender) , these then the onus is on you.

If you are perturbed ask for procedure for correction in O/o Registering Authority.

In future remain careful and check before you sign.

1 Like

Sainath   14 December 2018

Thanks all for your valuable suggestions...

My all Certificates/proofs (PAN card, Aadhaar Card) has proper name & father name... And I have attached them while registration. I guess there won't any problem.

Anyway I will consult the Registering Authority in person for the same issue.


Thanks a lot.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query