LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anshu ( )     04 March 2010

Spelling mistake in Sales deed


My brother Saurabh Tandon has purchased a new flat.

In the sales deed on the printed pages , by builder's  mistake, his name is written as Saurabh Tondon ...i.e in his sir name "a" has been replaced with "o". Though Index II page is written in Hindi and here the name is correct. 

Could anyone please suggest if it can create any problem in future in documents validity. 



 12 Replies

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     05 March 2010

It can be corrected - but another deed of correction will be prepared and annexed to the original sale deed.  Contact your sub-registrar for the procudrue.  He will advice.  When you know there is a mistake... there is no point in keeping it quiet to the advantage of someone who might litigate in future.  But otherwise its not a serious error to fear much about.

1 Like

A V Vishal (Advocate)     05 March 2010

Not required for any correction.
1 Like

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     05 March 2010

No correction is required as the spelling mistake can be understood from hindi version.


it can be rectified by the way of Deed Of Correction.

just a nominial expense for this deed.

as SIR Gundlapallis has properly explained everything...........

so its always better to take precaution..

Arati Gawde ( Legal )     06 March 2010


It can be correct by way of correction deed, but it's not necessary because hindi version of the same reflect correct name & if you want you can correct by way of Correction  /  Rectification  -deed, paying nominal stamp – duty & annex copy of Sale deed as annexure for the same.

P.K.Haridasan (Advocate)     07 March 2010

Spelling mistakes in names are usual. Since you have invested a lot of money tell your seller to execute a correction deed. Your document writer or advocate will be helpful to you.

Adv Pankaj (Associate)     08 March 2010

Yes you shud go in for deed of rectification by paying nominal stamp duty and charges as applicable, this would erase all claims in future.

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     27 March 2010

better get corrected by correction deed

anusha (Officer)     30 March 2010

There is a spelling mistake in my name in my sale agreement for purchase of flat,

My name is mentioned as Anausha instead of Anusha,

I already franked the document but registration is pending

Please guide me

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     30 March 2010

Before being presented to the Registrar you ( through the document writer) can make the correction by way of striking out through the pen and note the correction at the end of the document.  Where ever he pens he should put his short sign and at the end statement of corrections, his full signature. 

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     31 March 2010

correct it and sign twice .pl do not overwrite. just cancell first by simple horizntal line over the word .what is to be cancelled must be readable.and nearby space write the right word . one initial for cancellation another for new w word u may use pen. but all should be before registration.

Suryanarayana Tangirala (Advocate)     31 March 2010

anshu ji get the mistakes corrected by perparing a Rectification Deed,both the parties to the saledeed should be present for the same

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register