Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

max (draft engineer)     17 August 2013

Spelling mistake correction, initials expansion

Hi,

Please help me to understand the process to get some mistakes in name corrected and expanding the initials mentioned in the marriage certificate.

My marriage certificate has following names (its our mistake, we gave during registration) of Bride & Bridegroom.

Sampath Kumar. S, S/o Sundar

Radha. R.K,  D/o Kalinga

I want these names to be changed to (only spelling mistakes corrected):

Sampath Kumara S,  S/o Sundar

Radha R. K, D/o Kalinga

OR  (correction with initials expanded)

Sampath Kumara Sundar,  S/o Sundar

Radha Ramanagar Kalinga, D/o Kalinga

This was registered in year 2008 & in 2013 when applied for passport, I was told to get mistakes corrected from Registrar office.  But when I inquired with registrar office they said correction cant be done & also told me passport officials will send the marriage certificate to Registrar office, ask officer to do corrections in marriage certificate as per data in Passport & this gets updated in the marriage records.  (If this process happens between passport office & registrar office, how do I get the latest marriage certificate with changes. Also if changes are possible through this process, why the same is not allowed from the original applicant? or from Bride/Groom?)

I am really confused, please help me.

( If going through u/s 80 of CPC is lengthy and tedious civil suit process, & if I don't want to go through all these hassles of changes, how about getting brand NEW marriage certificate with the changes I want from the registrar from where current one is obtained. (OR probably from registrar office in different city as an option) .   Will marriage registration has to be done only in the city where marriage took place?)

Learning

5 Replies

max (draft engineer)     17 August 2013

Hi Rajeev,

Thanks for the reply. If going through u/s 80 of CPC is lengthy and tedious civil suit process, how about getting brand NEW marriage certificate with the changes I want as mentioned. (OR probably from registrar office in different city as an option) .   Will marriage registration has to be done only in the city where marriage took place?

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     18 August 2013

file an application before registrar or sub registrar of marriage. 

max (draft engineer)     18 August 2013

Hi Nadeem, Please tell me what happens after filing application for changes before registrar? Can anyone with complete knowledge about the entire process answer completely for all my doubts?

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     18 August 2013

Dear Max

for complete advise you have to pay a consultation fee if you are ready then send me a mail on id nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com

max (draft engineer)     18 August 2013

Hi Nadeem, 

Please tell me what happens after filing application for changes before registrar?  Can anyone with complete knowledge about the entire process answer my question completely for all my doubts raised?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register