Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chinese Chef (Integration Architect)     22 September 2012

Single summon for multiple respondents? need help!

Folks,

I've been served a summon by Amritsar court in a private complaint U/s 498a, 406 filed against 6 members of my family including me.

The summon mentions 5 respondents - myself, my parents, sister and BIL. My parents, sister and BIL don't stay with me. As a matter of fact, my BIL and sister never visited me since they stay at Delhi.

The other summon for my materal aunt has been sent to an ambiguous address and will never be delivered.

Having mentioned all facts, would experts please advise whether each one of us need to make an appearance in Amritsar court even though summon has been received only by me and none of the other respondents? What should be the course of action in case of second summon sent at an ambiguous address?

Can I make a sole appearance, make a mention of this fact to the judge and ask the summons to be issued to the rest of respondents at correct addresses?

Waiting for your opinion(s).

Thanks, CC

Learning

2 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     22 September 2012

Only who received the summon is bound to appear on date fixed.

But if there is no problem, every accused aware of the date fixed, should not ignore the appearance on such date.

Chinese Chef (Integration Architect)     22 September 2012

Thanks Sir!

In case if I only I make an appearance, what should I pray to court? Is there a possibility of issuance of BW / NBW for rest of the respondents?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register