Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Should be there be any age limit for law admission?

Page no : 2

Alice Patel (manager)     10 March 2010

yes u r right !!!!!!!!!!!!!11

I think imposing age limit on a Course like Law which involves the application of ones mental faculties is illogical. Even on the grounds of merit, there is no proof that a person joining a law course at a young age would necessarily prove to be a better Lawyer than a person joining the Law..............

Hi !!!I think imposing age limit on a Course like Law which involves the application of ones mental faculties is illogical. Even on the grounds of merit, there is no proof that a person joining a law course at a young age would necessarily prove to be a better Lawyer than a person joining the Law

Rajan Salvi (Lawyer)     10 March 2010

There should be no age limit for entering the legal profession. On the contrary the person who has done something apart from law brings into the legal field his expertise gathered in that field. This is more better for the profession . For eg. an Engineer or Doctor/ or CA coupled with legal education will be more knowledgeable in that field than a person who has only done law. These people can definitely act as good knowledgeable Arbitrators also. The proper way is to make 2 years training compulsory after degree and before Sanad is granted. An examination should also be prescribed prior to taking sanad so as to ascertain whether the person intending to practise has a working procedural knowledge of the court /State in which he intends to practise.

sakshi gulati (film maker)     18 April 2010

The age limit is not only an inequality, but imagin this case. A law applicant i know would be 20 years and 4 months at the time of his admission. he is still 20 and not more than that. but his form has been rejected.

Does the rule basically means that if you have to do law then be born after july? Otherwise you can not attemot te entrance twice.

I undrestand the concern towards maintaining the standards but one can not be ignorant of the fact that a lot of children study under terribly precarious circumstances. These are as dependent on caste as on family economics which are caste or reservation independent.

In such scenario age limit  only disappoints those who have faced this struggle.

sakshi gulati (film maker)     18 April 2010

Kindly let me know if this student can be helped somehow. 

It is stupid that he can not give the entrance because of being born in february and not july

Sravan Krishna (Senior Software Engineer)     19 April 2010

It is totally not justful to prescribe an age limit for LAW (but not limited to other faculties).

If these restrictions are imposed continually to even other faculties, only most fortunate people will only survive, and this is totally in-humane.

A person born in this country has an equal right to live like others though may be fortunate or unfortunate by birth.

This will lead to many social evils, one of the most prevalent we are facing is the caste system reservation.

How many are getting benefitted out of it. Only those who are fortunate are enjoying beyond decades and it has become a tradition? It is too dangerous for a society, because criminals are born out of such evils which we are witnessing.

People should get an opportunity to live in this country, considering sometimes career reversals are possible.

Some may know what to do at an earlier age and some may realize later, it all depends on the socio-economic conditions and social evils around them, which is the environment they are brought up.

Think with humanity. Life is not a profit or loss statement. Nor India is. India is democratic. Our articles merely state the right to equality.

But today we are witnessing a capitalist culture in india, which is definitely a boon, and should be shun away without hypocracy and double standards.

Be humane to people. Go to villages, they dont even have a proper facilities to live.

The age limit can merely kill their survival.

Improve the standards of education, improve the infrastructure, improve the facilities, provide uniform quality of education through out india, rather than rating like IIT, IIM, REC, etc.

A degree awarded by any University is a valid degree as an IIT is. Why this racism? What for?

To just say that we have reached the moon, we have discovered next universe.

Bullsh*t.

Provide a facility, an environment where even an unfortunate citizen can live.

Where a citizen of this country can earn his daily bread irrespective of the education and socio economic levels.

Then he can have some time for thinking what he should do,

Whether he should opt LAW or other faculties.

Otherwise we are living a total mechanical life, where only people live in social jungles, not caring even our neighbours, living with a fear of insecurity, though we live in posh localities.

Age Limit in any sense cannot be a criteria to decide the course of life for a citizen in this country.

Anyways, the good news is that BCI has issued a letter stating there will be no age limit for this year in ANDHRA PRADESH for LLB, as the case is pending in the Supreme Court and AP High Court and still is not disposed.

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     19 April 2010

There should be no age limit in admission for not only law but to all professional courses/any form of education. At any stage someone feels to get expertise in any field for his personal/community use, he should be allowed.  Age restriction should be there only for getting job.

Sravan Krishna (Senior Software Engineer)     20 April 2010

Age Limit must not be there even for JOB as well as EDUCATION.

It is clearly denial of right to live and equality.

However, there can be addition of benefits applicable, for longterm commitment in a profession / service line, which is valid.

Age Limit is a big boon.

Today our managers have clearly become mad, running money houses, forcing capitalism in INDIA, which is a source of diseases among the people, due to their work and life style.

We are humans, and not machines to work like this.

If the same continues, hardwork will never be paid off, but only smart work does.

People should have a choice to do the work of their choice, it should not be a force.

Only then expertise comes if one likes the JOB / Profession he is doing the most.

There is no miracle or hindrance, to say that excellence comes through hardwork and interest.

But today's managers and authorities are missing this basic fact.

I clearly dont understand what they are learning.

Labour laws should be clearly implemented, and no one should work more than 8 hrs a day.

Regular exercise and self discipline should be the key regulators of health.

These are all missing.

Dont treat the above as a distraction from the main topic.

They all are interrelated.

Prime-a-facie for any law or a lawyer or anyone, should be HUMANITY not Capitalism.

Humanity I strongly feel is the first quality for a good LAWYER atleast.

sakshi gulati (film maker)     20 April 2010

Dear all, can any one explain me the difference between the two statements: '20 years or less' and 'not more than 20'? Is there any way to help this student i am talking about. he is just 4 months above 20 years. this is not rational at all

Sravan Krishna (Senior Software Engineer)     20 April 2010

There is absolute no difference in the statement.

I think this is what i was discussing about.

This is one such scenario, where the needy is denied the admission, just an age discrimination.

What is age to do with such faculties?

Why such unnecessary racism and discrimination?

Is this democracy or capitalism? Can anyone explain it in a better way.

The student has lost his chance.

Anyway i dont think now this is applicable till the case is not disposed in supreme court.

Supreme court has given an interim stay till all the cases are disposed in the lower courts.

BCI has issued  a letter to all the concerned Educational Authorities of state where applicable stating, age bar is stayed during admission for this year, and also there is a hearing on the petition in supreme court on this matter on 19 April 2010, and i think again a date will be issued.

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     20 April 2010

Maturity and experience of age can't be replaced with the intellegence. A young person may be intelligent and energetic, but experience, maturity, patience and spirituality  comes with age.

Sravan Krishna (Senior Software Engineer)     21 April 2010

I can agree with the statement, but who can explain this to BCI or competent authorities.

They are just putting age discrimination to promote racism.

We dont require racism, but a mere perseverance and persistance is required.

A Lawyer cannot alone understand all the cases, and if people from other faculties, say Medicine, Engineering also opt for LAW they can be a better lawyer due to their intelligence, experience, and other knowledge they acquired.

This is just one example.

Take a case of CYBER LAWS, the authorities have framed certain laws, without even fully understanding, and which are not practically implementable in totality.

This is another example.

Racism merely sells oneself in the Global market, but cannot protect a society, it will leave all the insecure strains.

Humanity is above all, and the first quality that a LAWYER should and must have.

Looks outdated, but the fact of life, a young mind cannot understand this, atleast not all.

This understanding comes out of maturity and experience.

Mature people if they are denied a chance, i think we are losing their contribution.

Money is not the only way of LIFE.

Life requires peace and tranquility also.

Bhabatosh Bhattacharya (Finance Executive)     10 June 2012

Ok..ok.. Then hopefully you the persons are ready to put some good suggestions like retirement from the profession at the age of 60 - 65, just like Judges, so as to maintain the the quality of the profession..

Bhabatosh Bhattacharya (Finance Executive)     10 June 2012

Ok..ok.. Then hopefully you the legal persons are ready to put some good suggestions like retirement from the profession at the age of 60 - 65, just like Judges, so as to maintain the quality of the profession..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register