This is with regard to changing name after marriage in India.
I want to know:
1. Is it necessary to change the name post marriage.
2. If the marriage certificate mentions maiden names for the couple then is it not possible to use the marriage certificate for opening joint account insurances etc with maiden names.
3. If one decides to change the name, should she change her surname to her husband's surname or should she just add her husband's surname to her maiden name. Which is a preferred way so that the hassles are minimal after name change.
4. If one decides to add her husband's surname to her maiden name, then what are the implications for Passport, License, Accounts, Insurances, Work Place, PAN Card, Voter Card, Nasscom Card, Credit Cards, legal documents, etc.
5. If one decides to retain her maiden name then will there be any problem after the couple has a kid? (In kids admission to school, colleges etc)
6. If one decides to retain her maiden name then will ther be any problem for the kid in inheriting the property in mother's name?
Experts please advice.