LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Samba Mitra (A)     31 March 2014

Short term capital gains query

Hi All, I had purchased a flat in 2013 August for a price of Rs 25 lacs. The markt valuation was Rs 34 lacs, and I had paid stamp duty and registration fees on the market value. I had also paid service tax to the builder during the payment of flat value.
I am now selling the flat at Rs 35 lacs. The current market valuation is Rs 38 lacs. Can anyone please advise how my capital gains will be computed? Please find my questions below :-
a) Will the sale price be considered 35lacs or 38 lacs?
b) Will my cost price be considered 25lacs or 34 lacs?
c) Will stamp duty and registration fees I had paid be considered as my cost?
d) Will the service tax I had paid be considered as my cost? (I have receipts of the same)
e) I had also paid an amount of Rs 70000 as cost of generator etc. Will that be included as my cost?
Request someone to help me out here.

Hi All, I had purchased a flat in 2013 August for a price of Rs 25 lacs. The markt valuation was Rs 34 lacs, and I had paid stamp duty and registration fees on the market value. I had also paid service tax to the builder during the payment of flat value. I am now selling the flat at Rs 35 lacs. The current market valuation is Rs 38 lacs. Can anyone please advise how my capital gains will be computed? Please find my questions below :- a) Will the sale price be considered 35lacs or 38 lacs? b) Will my cost price be considered 25lacs or 34 lacs? c) Will stamp duty and registration fees I had paid be considered as my cost? d) Will the service tax I had paid be considered as my cost? (I have receipts of the same) e) I had also paid an amount of Rs 70000 as cost of generator etc. Will that be included as my cost? Request someone to help me out here.

Read more at: https://www.caclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=287010&offset=1#.Uzmd01eQmqY
Hi All, I had purchased a flat in 2013 August for a price of Rs 25 lacs. The markt valuation was Rs 34 lacs, and I had paid stamp duty and registration fees on the market value. I had also paid service tax to the builder during the payment of flat value. I am now selling the flat at Rs 35 lacs. The current market valuation is Rs 38 lacs. Can anyone please advise how my capital gains will be computed? Please find my questions below :- a) Will the sale price be considered 35lacs or 38 lacs? b) Will my cost price be considered 25lacs or 34 lacs? c) Will stamp duty and registration fees I had paid be considered as my cost? d) Will the service tax I had paid be considered as my cost? (I have receipts of the same) e) I had also paid an amount of Rs 70000 as cost of generator etc. Will that be included as my cost? Request someone to help me out here.

Read more at: https://www.caclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=287010&offset=1#.Uzmd01eQmqY

Learning

2 Replies

P JAMES VICTOR (ADVOCATE & TAX CONSULTANT)     02 April 2014

1. Sale price is the registered document value, plus any incidental charges thereon.

2. Same is applicable to purchase cost also.  That is registered value, plus incidental charges, any improvement expenses, service tax also.

3. Generator will not be a part of cost of the property.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     05 April 2014

Without generator cost all other costs can be added. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register