LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dev   11 August 2017

Shifting through packers and movers

Recently i shifted from Kalyan Maharashtra to chhattisgarh. I was told by the company that unloading followed by fittings will be done in the destination. They charged me a very big amount for that. But the goods were brought by some third party and they did not provided any type of assistance even for unloading from the truck. The packers company in mumbai did not helped me and left me in a hassle situation. i spent another big amount for unloading and shifting. I have to pay the balance amount to the third party as the they refused to give the goods without payment. Also some items got badly damaged and one bag got burnt from one corner. It was a nightmare situation for me. Now the packer company is avoiding me. Please suggest me how to get the compensation or extra spent money back.

Learning

5 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     11 August 2017

File complaint before District Consumer Forum against packers and movers for their deficiency in services and claim the amount you incurred for unloading and shifting and the cost of items damaged in shifting alone with compensation towards mental and physical agony caused to you.

Susen Nath   11 August 2017

U told them. Do u have any document? Secondly they had taken huge amount; u told. But in ur invoice any information for that lady? If so then u can win.

Lavy inst of lady.

For ur damaged part u can proceed.

Dev   12 August 2017

Thanks for your reply.

Suggestion to all viewers that never to trust on any packers and movers. They do part business and 2-3 different parties r involved. 3rd party do not know the 1st party and they do not take any reponsibilities.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register