LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

deepak gunjagi (BUSINESS)     04 June 2021

Share in step-mothers property

My father purchased a farm land. But before he could get the property registered on his name, he fall very sick.

During his sickness my step mother got that property registered on her name without my fathers knowledge and consent, behind his back.

Now my father has passed away due to continued illness.

Can I file a suit or demand for share in the said property.


 1 Replies

VIPIN RANA (ADVOCATE)     07 June 2021

For filing suit/complaint you must have concrete evidences that a fraud/cheating has been done by your step mother while getting that property transferred on her name. However, now, this property has got the status of self acquired property of ur step mother. Moreover, need complete details of the case before giving any legal opinion.  It would be appropriate that you much contact a prudent lawyer within your jurisdiction to initiate the case further.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register