LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hormazad (supervisor)     27 March 2010

share certificate

I bought a flat from a person who had not registered it with builder which I came to know later. So I did the registration with builder. But before my doing registration the society got registered. Now they{Society} are demanding transfer fees for giving share certificate in my name Please guide.


 3 Replies

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     27 March 2010

it may not be legal but pay by ethics. after all u have to live together with these people. we ccannot go always hard legal way. pl pay if it not a huge amt.

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     28 March 2010

The original transaction between the Builder and the purchaser was an incomplete one since it was not registered. Having stepped in his shoes by acquiring his right as the original purchaser and registered the

transaction with the Builder. You are not liable to pay any transfer fees to the Society. I respectfully differ with Mr. Patil's views. While every member is part of the society and needs to cooperate, the society is also duty bound to accept and recognize an incoming member's bona fide rights. Write a letter producing the registered document and demand recognition of you as a member and issue the share certificate in your name. If this does not happen write to the Registrar of societies.


bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     28 March 2010

i agree MR. VASUDEVAN.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register