LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sandy (engineer)     18 May 2014

Service tax in resale flat

I had purchase resale flat in 2012 which is newly constructed apartment , for the said flat service tax & vat amount check is given by first party to Builder and this is not clear due amount finalization is not done.

During this period i purchased the flat & i got the NOC from builder for bank loan that time owner & builder never mentioned the vat & service tax is pending, after a year builder had noticed me for purchased flat vat & service tax is pending & he said that didnt given me the noc for membership in society till he get the amount of service tax & vat from the first party(from which i purchase the flat).

please suggest me can i claim the membership in society or required to file the case against first owner.

Learning

2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     19 May 2014

Your liability commenced from the date of purchase/NOC, any dues prior to NOC are leviable to previous member.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 May 2014

As rightly advised by Dr. Vashista sir, all those dues prior to your purchase are to be settled by the previous owner only and not you, the builder cannot make a demand with you for that.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register