LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jothish Kumar (Consultant)     16 February 2015

Separated wife withdraw amount

Sir I and wife living separately from 06/06/2014. Divorce case and other cases are pending in family court. I have a bank account and the bank account is “Either or Survior” ie me or wife can operate the bank account. On 13/06/2014 and 29/12/2014 she withdraws Rs 20,000/- each from this account total Rs 40,000/-. But the money withdraw by her is the interest accrued from my Fixed Deposit. (Fixed deposit is in my name and held as a security against a prized chitty). I have sent a mail to the Banker on 08/10/2014 stating that “I have not authorised any person for withdraw the amount held as security in your bank and or any other proceedings there of and or any person to appear on behalf of me to collect the security amount held in your branch. I will come and collect the amount personally, not issue the amount to any person other than me” But I not mention the word interest in that letter. Whether it shall a criminal offence? She is a public servant shall I file a criminal case under IPC 409? . whether criminal case withstanding against my wife and the Bank branch manager?


 0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query