LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amol Patil   09 August 2020


I want to sell my own property without co-applicant.
Currently my mother is in native place so it's impossible her to come here in Mumbai.
So can I sell the property without her?

Please Guide.

 4 Replies

KS Johal   09 August 2020

What do you mean 'currently mother is in native place'?

Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     09 August 2020

Presumably you are referring the terminology for "co-owner" and erronously mentioned in your post as "co-applicant",  is it so ?

If so, she may authorise, grant and appoint you as her attorney by executing a Power of Attorney.   


P. Venu (Advocate)     09 August 2020

You have not posted the complete facts. How is that the mother is the joint holder of the property.

sribhusan sukla (Free Legal Consultations)     11 August 2020

Yes, what Mr Basis the says is correct. By virtue of being attorney holder, you can transfer your mother's share too. Even you can transfer your share in the property subject  local amendment of Indian Registration Act does not stipulate any precondition for  its registration. Or else, you can transfer what ever right you have in the property. If property has not been divided by  metes and bound, the purchaser may do it later with your mother.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query