LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Srinivasan   17 August 2015

Self affidavit

I have a piece of land registered in the year 1992 at Coimbatore. The survey number (Ka sa # in Tamil) 205 is mentioned in the "mother" document. This was further sub-divided when it was sold to multiple sellers. As per the government records (registered) - patta, chitta it is 205/14 whereas when it was registered in my name (in 1992) it is wrongly mentioned as 205/2 due to the negligence of the document maker. I am trying to sell this property now and the buyer is raising concern (after giving an advance) that he might face problems while selling it and trying to reduce the price. I can't register a rectification deed now as my seller (from whom I bought the property) is not available. In this case, I am getting suggestions like I can register a self-affidavit saying that it was wrongly mentioned as 205/2 whereas the correct one is 205/14 as per the patta (govt. record). Once I register this self-affidavit it becomes a government record. Is this a viable and correct action or please let me know a way out of thsi tricky situation. Thanks in advance.


 2 Replies

Arun Marix (ADVOCATE)     17 August 2015

Mr. Sreenivasan,

You may execute for a Rectification Deed for it.

Simple Clerical Errors can be corrected through a Rectification Deed.

Srinivasan   18 August 2015

Thank you very much for your revert Mr. Arun. I believe both buyer and seller of the registered property (buyer being me as it is now registered in my name and seller being the one who sold it to me) should be available to execute the rectification deed. Please let me know if it is not the case.

Thanks again for your help.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads