LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harshit   20 July 2017

Seeking your advice in case for dowry and cheating before marriage.

My cousin sister got engaged in July last year.Her in laws are from jaipur,rajasthan and we are from agra,UP.Those people are demanding dowry and the boy is denying to marry my cousin sister.Marriage is scheduled in November 2017.We have spent around 4 lakhs in all.These 4 lakhs includes the amount of 1.5 lakhs being sent to them for booking a lodge in Jaipur as the marriage function was arranged there only and rest constitute the money spent on engagement.What is the best we can do to get our money back and also punish them for their wrong doings.


 5 Replies

Moxit Shah   20 July 2017

first decide whether you want to go ahead with marriage or not.

if you do not desire to proceed further in the matter. then lodge the complaint with police station by mentioning above mentioned facts. i.e. person came to meet your sister, then both agreed to marry, then engagement was done, then as per their say preparation of marriage was started, then THEY STARTED DOWRY FROM US. etc. therefore, request police officer to lodge complaint under Dowry Prohibition Act and to recover the money under investigation and to return to you.

1 Like

R Trivedi (     23 July 2017

Moxit Shah, he is saying that 1.5 Lacs was sent for lodge booking and balance was expenditure, so where is the dowry and what recovery you are talking about in such criminal case? Mr Harsh*t, you may seek return of Rs. 1.5 Lacs after due deduction by lodge fellow, I would suggest get out of the mess amicably. Do not put the girl in stress at this age. Although there is a reasonable presumption against them, but you never know how long it will take and what will be the outcome of the case.

R Trivedi (     23 July 2017

If you file a case against them, they may say to the police that there was some issue with girl's character so they want to break the relationship, and due to this a false complaint is registered against them under dowry.....are you ready to face such nonsense?

Harshit   23 July 2017

Those people are demanding more money as dowry.The recovery means we want to get back our spent money and we don't want this marriage to happen.

Harshit   23 July 2017

Appreciate everyone for giving their suggestions.I want to clear that now we don't want this marriage to happen instead we want our money to be returned.what is the best way out.also I want to tell you that the engagement had taken place around 1 year ago.I want to know what is the best and easy way to get the money back.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register