LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Surya (lecturer)     18 June 2013

Seekind advice for divorce

Dear sir/madam,

i was maried almost three years back and after an year disturbance raised in betwen us she leftthe house at night by calling her brother. later upon several friendly attemptsmade by me she simply refused,then upon concultation i filed resitution for which judge agrred to me andasked her to go join back in family, meanwhile during restituion she filed 498a 3&4 DP act against meand my parents.only i got arrested thanksto SI of pice sttaion. she inturn went to high court saying that she is not intrested in jining the family without replying the district court and i filed divorce case in the same district court.

ladies and gentlemen: please help me with good profesional advice to get away the situation and bring back my family to normal condition and family mean's me and my parents only?

how can i get rid of her?

My asumption is she is expecting an lumpsome amount of 10 lakhs whihc i came to know through relatives.

please provide some solution?

thank you 



 3 Replies

Vikas Setia (Legal Advisor and Petition Drafting)     18 June 2013

Hello Surya,

There are 2 ways of divorce 

1. Contested Divorce - that you have already filed in the court and that will go thru trial. (Involvement of Court Only). Court will decide alimony depending upon various aspects

2. Mutual consent - In this both party should agree to seperate out. (Through Society or Mediation Process) Probably your wife is evaluating this option.


As far as family to be normal is by focusing on all the important aspect of life not only matrimonial dispute. Rest I can suggest you only after looking at your case detail.


Best Regards,

Vikas Setia

Aashish George (lawyer)     19 June 2013

i agree with vikas, u can always negotiate the amount. my personal view is, its better to give her some money and get it over with than give her money for the rest of your natural life, cos believe me when i say this, if she comes down hard on you, you will pay up. so make up your mind, tell your advocate to settle the matter and tell her to withdraw the cases. you will spend and eternity in courts and trust me, that is more taxing that anything else. rest is upto you.

take care, best of luck


Agree with experts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register