Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nazp   10 November 2020

Secondary income from consulting assignments

Hi All,

I'm working as an HR manager with an organisation, however due to the uncertain times today, there is a sense of job insecurity and I do need stable source of income as I have a 2 year old daughter.

Thinking of taking up freelance recruiting assignments alongside my current full-time job.

Wish to know where and how do I arrange to legally receive the secondary income generated from consulting assignments to avoid a case of dual employment.

Should I ask them to transfer the amount in my mother's account who is not working or in my daughter's name.

What is the correct legal way of receiving secondary income from consulting through multiple sources alongside a salaried job ?

Thanks

Learning

6 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     11 November 2020

You say you are an HR Manager and you need advice from this forum to violate the basic principles of being employed. 

Nazp   11 November 2020

There are many HR's who are working full-time as well as consulting, hence I wanted to know 

P. Venu (Advocate)     11 November 2020

There is nothing wrong in such consultation unless there is a conflict of interest with that of your employer.

It is unlawful to hide income as it leads to evasion of income tax.

Nazp   11 November 2020

So can I ask the consulting assignments amount to be credited in my mothers account who is a senior citizen and not working?

In todays' times due to COVID, job security is important hence some other source of income is required to prepared for uncertainties.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     12 November 2020

No need to panic and get the amount credited in your own /wife /mother's account for freelance consultancy services, which should not violate policy of your employer.

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     12 November 2020

You can start freelancing. Better to operate an LLP/sole proprietorship on your wife's name.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register