LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Adil (abc)     21 July 2011

Second Marriage

Hi, I am a Muslim and married. Last year I came in contact with a Hindu girl. I also told everything to my wife but she did not trust me and she filed a fake 498A FIR against me which mentioned that I ask her for dowry and I physically haress her. Police came to my place (different city) and we had a compromise but there were some conditions written on STAMP PAPER and notiry was done  in High Court.  Since she and my in laws have done such an activity, I am more closer to the Hindu girl. Although I don't want to divorce my first wife but I do not have any feelings left in my heart for her. Now I want to marry that Hindu girl and she is ready to convert to muslim so that we can marry.

If possible I would like to know if this marriage would stand legal and if there is any legal case that can be done by my first wife against me? In our Nikahnama, it is not mentioned that I would not marry again as being a muslim I have right to marry 4 times.

Also, in case my first wife asks me for divorce and maintenence, how much that would be as my first wife is the only daughter of her parents and all the property and assets would be hers in the future.

Also, if she asks for divorce but I don't want to give divorce? Can this happen? As I am ready to bear all her expenses as long as she lives with me? My second wife (may be would be) is ready if my first wife lives along with us? Please suggest and any advice would be helpful to me...!!! 

Learning

5 Replies

ashwani vij (head)     21 July 2011

after conversion as per shriat u can contract a second marriage with hindu girl without any objection from ur first wife she can claim maintainence from u as per ur financial status.

Advocate Ashwani Vij

NEW DELHI

09810400448, 09999981563

ashwanivijlegal@gmail.com

As per Shariyat, I do not require my first wife's permission to marry again. And I am ready to bear my first wifes expenses and needs. So she does not have any valid point to prove me wrong as being a muslim she also knew that I have the right to marry 4 wives that too without seeking her permission.

I am ready to bear my first wifes expenses and needs as long as she stays with me

ashwani vij (head)     22 July 2011

yes any further help?

Advocate Ashwani Vij

NEW DELHI

09810400448, 09999981563

ashwanivijlegal@gmail.com

Adil (abc)     22 July 2011

Yes one more question, if my wife decide to file a divorce case against me and I don't want to give divorce, would she still be able to take divorce from me and would she still be able to claim maintenence from me.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register