Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AMIT SAHAY   08 March 2021

Sale process of a flat in co-op hsg society in kolkata (wb)

Hello, I have a flat in a co-operative housing society in Kolkata (West Bengal) which got transferred in my name post demise of my spouse in the form of share certificate. I wish to sell of the flat, however, as I understand the bank of the prospective buyer is having any objection to sanction loan as they say it is not a clear title of the property and wants me to have a registration done. I have a copy of the conveyance deed between the builder and the society and the next confirmation from society for occupancy and ownership of the flat in the name of my spouse. Later post his demise have the share certificate transferred in my name. Plus, I shall also get a NOC letter from society once the buyer is approved. Is it not enough documents to prove title? Is it mandatory to have registration done in my name before going in the sale process? What are the alternatives as if I go in registration process again it has to be registered in the prospective buyer's name; which shall be an extra cost to me. The co-operative society is almost 35 years old. Pls advice.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register