LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahendra kumar (MANAGER)     17 May 2015

Sale of property on the basis of photocopy of will

I want to sell my property which came to me from will made by my father. As per will my father's house was divided in three parts. In three parts,  middle part was given to my sister's younger son. Left and right side of the property is owned by me. Now I want to sell the left side property.  I am having following documents with me :

1. Photocopy of will & schedule of property. (Plan is not with me)

2. photocopy of link document.(from where the property purchased by my father)

3. Receipt of property tax on my name.

4. Electricity and water connection receipt.

5. Death certificate of my father.

I would like to know that the  above documents are sufficient to sell the property or any other document is required.

Learning

3 Replies

ROHIT SHARMA (Legal Advisor )     17 May 2015

1. What about the original copy of the Will ?

2. The photo copy if certified as true copy by a public notary can suffice for to sell your share to third party. But such third party will not be able to occupy your share which is a household shared by your sister's son untill such property is partioned and moreover such third party is not a family member. In the first place the co-owner has to be offered to purchase your share.

1. True copy of will is with us.

2. All three properties are well partitioned and coowner is not interested in buing the property.

3. We have a good offer (third party) ready to buy the property.

original copy of will may be with My sister's son. We have the unregistered will copy in which it is written as true copy .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register