Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sreenath (VP)     30 April 2014

Sale deed - correction of seller's father name

Hi 

I am buyer and planning to buy a plot.  However Seller's father name is incorrect (Seller name is listed even in father name) in last Sale Deed executed between prior seller and earlier owner.  Is it ok for me to go ahead with transaction with out rectification deed on the earlier sale deed ?

Also if Seller has executed his Sale Deed though GPA  , can seller get the rectification done with out GPA holder ? If Seller is outside India , what options does he have.

Thanks

Sam

Learning

3 Replies

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     30 April 2014

The mistake has to be rectified by executing rectification deed. Otherwise you may invite unnecessary complications. Either the seller or the GPA holder can execute rectification deed by paying the nominal charges before the sub registrar office.  

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 May 2014

Without obtaining a proper legal opinion from a knowledgeable lawyer by producing the related property documents before him, never go for such purchases where you have your own doubts.  Thus approach a local lawyer for a proper opinion about the property intended to be purchased.

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     01 May 2014

Seller or his/her PoA holder execution a Rectification Deed at Sub-Registrar office but if who has sign in original Sale Deed if He/She sign in this Rectification is better for my knowledge, AND for correction u attach a PAN copy with Rectification Deed.    

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register