Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjeev (service)     15 April 2014

Rights of father on the property of living son

My father is asking for share of my property / cash etc.


Father - Retired A-Class Government Employee with decent monthly pension, his own house, vehicle, other modern amenities and some fixed deposits. living in small city. No financial liabilities / responsibilities other than monthly expenses.

Son (myself) - living separately in different city, self made person without any sort of financial assistance from father other than education. working in private sector. have made real estate properties (3 apartments) from legally earned money. Supporting family of wife and children.

Please advise if legally my father has any right to my property.



 5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 April 2014


As per details posted by you, he may not even succeed to claim maintainance.

1 Like

Mahesh R. Sonawane (Lawyer/Fight for justice)     15 April 2014

no, legally your father has no any right on your property...

1 Like

2BHelpfull (Other)     16 April 2014




T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 April 2014

If the information furnished by you are to taken to be fact, neither your father nor anyone can claim any share in the said property belonging to you, they will be purely and fully under your own disposal only.

Rahul Choudhary (Student)     16 April 2014

not possible

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register