LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

V.S.R.MURTHY (PROPRIETER)     19 November 2014

Sale agreement papers torn by seller to escape from registra

I have entered an agreement with one person for purchasing his piece of land. I have paid 17 lakhs out of 17.5 lakhs to him. I should have registered the same in my favor. But one day he called to his home with my record which is having all the documents receipts and valuable record. I along with my wife went to his house on his request. he and his wife pretended that they were observing the documents and suddenly they torn most of them into pieces and attacked me physically with a big sized brass lock which was kept beside him. thus i lost most valuable documents originals. he challenged me to prove the transaction between us. I lodged a complaint at local police station and no use. he managed them for not to register the complaint. 

Now I have only some original documents and photostat copies of the torn papers with me. Please advise me how to take action against him for making loss to me and how to get the property registered which was purchased by me.

Thanks and regards

V.S.R.MURTHY

Learning

3 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     19 November 2014

file a complaint with jurisdiction magistrate court and seek direction to file FIR for the offence committed by the seller. You have not mentioned anything about mode of payment made to the seller. if it  is by cheque the same can be contested in the court of law, if it by cash you need to have witness who can substantiate your claim on the payment made. If you have document copy of the land records move immediately with the jurisdiction civil court to refrain him from alienating the property.

V.S.R.MURTHY (PROPRIETER)     21 November 2014

Thank you Sir, for your valuable direction. Please clarify if there is any time frame for filing complaint against the seller with the jurisdiction magistrate.

thanks and regards

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     21 November 2014

You did not inform us about time and date of happenings, and it depends upon the offences you are planning to initiate against this seller, nevertheless it is better to do at the earliest.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register