IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Senthil Murugan   27 June 2015

Salary not paid for 3 months

Hi Sir,

I am Senthil from Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. I was working as lecturer in a Private Engineering College at Coimbatore. Usually they are crediting the salary in my bank account on 10th of every month, but for the past 6 months, upto March 2015, they were not paid in right time. So, after that I gave my resignation letter as per the 3 month notice policy of my employer and now its 3 months completed. After March 2015, they were not paid any salary to all of their employees. No one is ready to fight against them to ask our salary. As per the law, what shall I do now to get my salary?


 6 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     27 June 2015

send them a legal notice demanding them to disburse your pending salary within a week failing which you will be taking the issue to the labour comissioner

1 Like

Senthil Murugan   28 June 2015

Thank You sir, But without sending a legal notice shall i taking the issue to the labour commissioner. If not means, what is the procedure for sending the legal notice to them, through any lawyer or I itself send to them?

saravanan s (legal advisor)     28 June 2015

dear senthil i have sent you a personal message regarding this issue

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 June 2015

Teachers are not covered as 'Workman' as in ID Act.

However the Inst. for private gains might have been covered under Tamilnadu Shops and Commercial Establishments Act and you might be covered by the def. of 'Employee' as in thisAct, and thus might be entitled to approach Inspector appointed under the Act.


There are various forums of Teacher's associations that can support all of the affected employees.

If all employees (other thanteachers too) are not paid and the employer is contemplating to close down then it should be reproted to o/o Labor Commissioner, under proper acknowledgment to recover from assets of employer/establishment.


All affected employees can approach authorities under State Education Act, University with which it is affilliated, AICTE etc...................court of law etc....


It shall be approrpiaet to approach an able Labor Law consultant/Service matters Lawyer/law firm with all docs on record and proceed further under expert advise of the lawyer....






1 Like

IKGoyal Advocate (Legal)     29 June 2015

Send the copies of the appointment and resignation letters.

IKGoyal Advocate (Legal)     29 June 2015

Send the copies of the appointment and resignation letters.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query