LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Rules on imported pet food items

I have been buying Pedigree Pet food for my Lab Dog. We celebrated its 8th Birthday on 01 Jul. A months or two earlier it suffered acute digestion problems. It was on Regular Pedigree Meat & Rice Adult Food purchased from one Dr Jecob in my locality. Dr Jecob, the Vet suspected some infection / food poisoning. For appx seven days medication / injection/drip it became all right. One thing we noticed that it is scared to take dog food .We replaced the Pedigree packet and switched over to home made food for the time being. It became all right. Then we switched over to Senior Dog Pedigree Food as per advises of the Vet. It became all right. On its Birthday beside other useful gifts we purchased a packet of of Pedigree Tastybone especially recommended by the vet. But our Lab Dog refused to eat any of the biscuites. I checked the packet. It is manufactured by Mars Petcare, Thailand. Imported /Distributed by DKSH Marketing Service Malaysia. It's BAR CODE number is 8853301242004. Mfg date and Expiry dates inscribed as 110813 (L2) &020215 (14). MRP is not found printed on the original packet.

A label has been fixed on the pack which states imported &distributed by  Mars International pvt ltd. New Delhi with MRP Rs 95 , consumer cell No.1800407112121 & email id pedigre.india@effem.com. I would like to know how custom duty or import duty is levied when there is no MRP marked on the package. And is the Importer is free to mark any price as MRP? hOW SUCH sales tax is then paid by the dealer. I am raising the doubt as such imported product has flooded the market  and my Lab Dog was affected by the products are very very expensive as well the quality of such imported PEDIGEE PRODUCT. Will Pedigee take the responsibility to come out clean on the issue.

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     03 July 2014

You can file complaint with consumer forums 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register