LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pankaj Dev   11 March 2022

Rti regarding non recipt of salary

 I have not my salary last one year . I have follow up the matter with my department many time but department did not reply . Can I file one RTI to depatment  why i have not got my salary last one  year. If yes then please let me know under which section of RTI 


 2 Replies

Palak batra   11 March 2022

Dear Querist,


Several CIC orders and court judgments have held that Few phases of the salary of an employee can be revealed under the RTI Act. and also the Commissioner admitted that the salary information of employees in the department is to be revealed. Under Section 19(8)(b) of the RTI Act, the CIC or the SIC, can require the Public Authority to compensate the complainant/appellant for any loss or detriment suffered. The complainant/appellant should be able to justify the claim for compensation as well as the amount of compensation sought.


It is recommended that the complainant/appellant specifically include a “prayer” or “relief sought” in his Complaint or Second Appeal, in case he wants the CIC or the SIC to impose a penalty under Section 20(1) or recommend disciplinary action under Section 20(2).


Similarly, if compensation is sought from the Public Authority, the complainant/appellant should make a specific mention in “prayer” or “relief sought” as well as give justification for seeking compensation and the amount of compensation sought.




Vishal, Adv-Supreme Court (Advocate Whatsapp 9717985984)     12 March 2022

You can file the RTI under Section 6 of the RTI act.

For more detailed discussion contact at 9717985984 , ADVOCATEVG20@GMAIL.COM- Adv
Vishal Garg

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register