Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

chunky (owner)     08 June 2010

Right to use makes an individual owner of the terrace ?

I own a Ground floor  in delhi in a builder built two floor 300 sqyard plot .

There is no mention of Terrace in my registery. The first floor owner has the right to the terrace.

Now he wants to construct an additional floor on it ? does the right to use terrace makes somebody the owner ? aren't the two terms different in law books ?

Or does the "NO mention of terrace" in my registery makes my right on terrace NIL ?

Learning

3 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     08 June 2010

Sir, I would suggest you to see in your sale deed regarding common areas of the apartment. If terrace is included in "common area" , then you should have equal rights with other owners.

chunky (owner)     08 June 2010

as i have already said above.. there is no mention of terrace in my registery

m.kupparaju (Advocate)     11 June 2010

If the Vendor/Builder while executing Sale Deed to the First Floor Owner, in the Sale Deed if he had mentioned that the First Floor owner has right to use the terrace and entitled to put further construction on the terrace, and also there is should be mention of terrace rights along with the undivided interest in the Schedule of the Property, provided that the Purchaser has remited sufficient stamp duty for the purchase of Terrace rights, he has every right to construt additional floor on the terrace and nobody can dispute his rights.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register