Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Santosh kumar (lect)     16 January 2015

Right time to move petition of prejury

Hello experts

Wife filed divorce petition under false grounds of cruelty . For which I have given my statement. Now she moved a sec 24 petition seeking maintenance from me just before the trail proceedings. She in her Divorce petition and as well in the sec 24 petition has lied about her salary and job . She also lied of as to when she left home. some 10  months earlier than she is originally left. She now claims maintenance from the day she left me. 

Please advice when I can file prejury petition. I haven't responded to her sec 24 petition yet, though in sec 13 response i have clearly told mentioned that she is lying all these things.. Should I wait for oral examination before filing for prejury ? Can I file on the day of filing my written statement. 

Her intent is to harass me and extract more money from me. But I have credible evidence that she is lying.

Regards

Ramesh Pawar

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

After all cases over, then you can file perjury.

Santosh kumar (lect)     16 January 2015

thanks for the reply. But I don't think this can only be after case judgement. I am aware that it can be filed in between. But want to know the exact stage to move this petition. during cross examination under oath, argument stage, evidence stage. 

Jai Karan Nagwan (consultant)     17 January 2015

No special case filling required, simple application can be file during the subsistence of case through section 340 Cr. P. C.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register