New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh   25 February 2020

Right on grandfather's property

My Grandfather had expired in 1984. He is having some self-acquired property which is still un-sold as on today. He expired without writing any will on the said property. Currently my age is 45 (born in 1974). Do I Have the legal right on the said property? Or only my father will have the right on this property. Can I file a suite for partition of my own share from this?


 3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     25 February 2020

Indian law concerning Hindus is very clear that self-acquired intestate (no will made) property only of the deceased male/female Hindu is inherited by his/her sons and daughters in equal proportion along with the surviving spouse. The grandsons or granddaughters have no right to inherit or claim any share in the property of the grandfather or grandmother if their own father or mother are alive. The grandchild does not have a birthright on the self-acquired property of the grandparent

Adv Haresh Raichura (Advocate on Record)     25 February 2020

You have rights under Hindu law.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     25 February 2020

        Your grandfather's legal heirs, that means your grandmother, your father, uncles, and aunties if any.  Grandchildren have no right.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register