LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijendra Rao (Editor)     22 October 2011

Revival of case

It's already a decade ago since I proceeded legally against a friend who walked away with my material - he was supposed to edit it in return for my editing his book on another subject (which never came out) and we were supposed to share royalty on and credit for both - and published it stealthily. The book became an international bestseller, obviously in only his name. My legal battle has not led me anywhere as the first advocate abruptly retired having compromised my interest. The second advocate, a friend, never appeared regularly and when he retired citing his other preoccupations, even he did not know that the case had been dismissed for want of appearance. (I came to know about the dismissal a full two years late). 

There are two cases - one for violation of copyright (though I had not registered it for the same) and the other pertaining to criminal breach of trust, cheating, etc. The court did not issue an injunction on the publication of the book, but later ordered search and seizure of the documents but my advocate misled me completely and it did not happen. 

I am confident of winning the case and as I want ot revive it, I went to the court to be told that my case file is missing. I need some competent guidance on further course of action. The fraud of my "co-author" has cost me heavily. I am a journalist.

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)

First and foremost the lawyers are guilty for ripping you off. Using that as a plank try efiling the matter[With proof that you paid the lawyers] and appear as petitioner in person and pray for condonation of delay. It just might work.

(Guest)

Establish bias of the Court in a Superior Court. A good advocate will do that for you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register