Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishal Indurkhya (Professional)     07 February 2011

Revision - Is it applicable on CIC Decisions ?

Dear Sir,

A single bench Information Commissioner of Central Information Commission, has recently given a decision on the 2nd Appeal filed on one of the RTI application pertaining to information about wife. The RTI was rejected by CPIO as well as Appellate Authority citing 8(i)(j) of the RTI Act,. The Hon'ble information commissioner in turn also agreed with the decision of the AA. However, the same IC has earlier given decisions in plenty of matters to disclose the desired information.

Well, both in Civil Cases as well as in Criminal Cases, the respective Law has the provision to appeal for "Revision" of the impugned judgment / order in the appellate court / immediate higher forum, with a request to consider the matter afresh in the larger bench i.e. double bench or above.

Kindly enlighten me -

1. Is there any provision for such "Revision" petition for the decisions pronounced by single bench of CIC ?

2. Has anyone till date tried / attempted for such petition to consider the concerned matter as special case ?

3. What does the interpretation of RTI act says on this matter ?

An early reply would be helping me a lot to take the matter "Head On".

My details are given below. Pl. feel free to call / let me know if I could be of any help anytime from my end.

Awaiting your guidance to proceed further,

Vishal Indurkhya
C/o Dr. Raja's Diagnostics
1104, Andherdeo
Jabalpur - 482 002
Madhya Pradesh, INDIA
Phone - 0761 - 2652487
Mobile - [0] 94252-13300
E-mail - vishalindu@gmail.com

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply