Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gurdeep narang   28 February 2020

Response to non statutory notice from ito

Dear Sir

I have received a Non statutory query for my father who has passed away last week.

Query has been raised regarding non filing of IT return for FY 2012-13.

His Investment has been shown as Rs 54 lakhs in form of FDs during the year and generation of Interest income of Rs 4.6 lakh.

Details have been asked regarding source of investments

He was 81 years old in 2012. He had a Fd of approx Rs 25 Lakhs which was getting renewed. I had transferred Rs 30 lakhs from my pensionary benefits in Aug 2012 to make him self sufficient, It was given to him as Interest free returnable loan. bank transaction details are available.

He may not have filed ITR as income from interest was below taxable income of Rs 5 lakh.

How should the reply be semt to ITO.

Thanks

Learning

1 Replies

Harendra Kumar (A Practicing Lawyer)     04 March 2020

Dear Sir,

Firstly, bring to your kind notice that notice issued by the Income Tax Department beyond time limit i.e. A.Y. 2012-13 is beyond time limit. Secondly, your father has been died last week, who was the responsible person to replied to them i.e. Income Tax Office.

In this regard be make a reply only related to death and attached herewith Death Certificate before concern authority and wait for further correspondence of the concern authority.

Further, if you received any notice against your reply then put question again on the portal.

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register