LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul (Enginner)     01 March 2015

Require divorce from abnoralwife


I was recently married in Nov-2014. On very first day of my marriage i came to know that my Wife is Abnormal. from my first day of marriage itself i never had any physical relation with her. My family have tried telling girl's family about her abnormality but no response from their side. I also now inquired from her college friends , even they say during college days also her abnormal behavior was known to all her classmates. its very difficult for me to stay with her. Her family is not ready to give divorce. Please suggest me how can i get divorce from her. Her dad is blackmailing that he would commit suicide and is not answering our calls. 


 5 Replies

Kapil Chandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     01 March 2015

Dear, File for annulment of marriage on the ground of fraud and her abnormality .... Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

cyberlawyer (barrister)     01 March 2015

Dear Rahul

You have to be clear as to what is that abnormality . Whether she is mentally unfit or she is having any extramarital affair. From what you have stated i can understand that she has some mental issues. If that is the case, you can take her to a psychiatrist and see if it can be cured in the first place even if she is hesitant to come.

Additionally what you have stated is not at all enough to give a suggestion. 

Born Fighter (xxx)     01 March 2015

Being mentally unfit is not a ground for divorce , unless it is serious like shizophrenia. You need to take her to Psychiatrist to ascertain the form of mental disorder. ALso has she undergone any psychiatric treatment prior to marriage, if answer is yes and if you have evidence, then within a year of marriage you can seek divorce on grounds of fraud committed by inlaws. 

Sonia Saini (advocate)     02 March 2015

Dear Rahul,

In order to get divorce you have two options. One is to get your marriage declared as nulity if the marriage was conducted between you and your wife on basis of fraud .. As you have stated that she is abnormal. If the abnormality as you mentioned is of such serious nature that it has amounted to fraud you can get your marriage annulled.

Second option is to file a regular suit of contested divorce. In order to approach you would have to seek legal advice as to the fact whether the abnormality that you mentioned is of such nature that it amounts to fraud on the part of the wife .


Adv. Sonia Saini 


Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     02 March 2015

agree for the above views but what evidence you have to show her abnormality 

so first collect evidence to prove and file for annulment under fraud as only 4 monhs passed for your marriage 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register