LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Debasish Biswas (Service)     15 July 2009

Request Urgent Clarification

Some of my associates & me together wish to register an NGO under Societies Act in West Bengal to provide basic education to the poor & street children. The NGO will be headquartered at Kolkata. I have already completed the official formalities (Memorandum, Rules & Regulations, final 7 members for Committee, etc) and will file the same for registration shortly.

I wish to know that is it mandatory for the locality / area name to be given as a prefix to the NGO name, as it seems to be some sort of a stricture followed by WB Societies Act office in a whimsical manner (at times followed, at times not).

Example : If the NGO office is in Park Street, and the name of the NGO is Rights Foundation, is it mandatory to have the name registered as 'Park Street Rights Foundation' ? I have never heard of something like this before, but it seems that the West Bengal deptt of Societies Registration is following something similar. Can you urgently update on the same ?

Moreover, after completion of Societies registration, how much time will be required before I can apply for FCRA registration & license for 80G exemption certificate ?

Regards,

Debasish Biswas, Associate Vice President, Macmillan India Ltd.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register