LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

CV Balasubramanyam (Army Officer)     04 July 2011

Rent lease agreement

Hello, all experts out there. I own a flat in Gurgaon Sector-49, which I Got from Army Welfare Housing Organization. It is an Army Society. I need to know the following, since I am a Newbie at this.

1. I have to put this flat on rent/lease.

2. What kind of stamp paper is required?, if I have to lease it for a period of 11 months.

3. Do I need to register with the subregistrar, or a Notary stamping will do?

4. What is the legality of these documents? Registered vs Notarized.

5. Is there anything like a Rent Control act in Haryana?

6. What other documentation will I require?

Thanks in advance for all your advice

var addthis_config = { services_compact: 'orkut,facebook,twitter,linkedin,yahoomail,gmail,hotmail,google,googlebuzz,more' }

Learning

3 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     05 July 2011

1. I have to put this flat on rent/lease.

Ans. You can put it as a rental agreement

2. What kind of stamp paper is required?, if I have to lease it for a period of 11 months.

Ans. You need to exeecute the deed on Non Judicial Stamp paper of appropriate value as decided by the stamp act prevalent in Haryana.

3. Do I need to register with the subregistrar, or a Notary stamping will do?

Ans. As per the amended law registration of lease/rental deed is mandatory even in case where it is for 11 months.

4. What is the legality of these documents? Registered vs Notarized.

Ans. A registered document will be acceptable as evidence in case of any disputes under the evidence act.

5. Is there anything like a Rent Control act in Haryana?

Ans. Yes, there is Rent control act in Haryana.

6. What other documentation will I require?

Ans. Contact a local lawyer or a document writer who can do the needful since procedures may vary from state to state.

Navaneetha Krishnan (Junior lawyer)     05 July 2011

Sir

If you are going to enter into agreement less than a year then you dont have to register the said agreement. One year and above then only you have to register the agreement

CV Balasubramanyam (Army Officer)     06 July 2011

As per Vishal, there is an amendment to this, which says lease/rent deed even for 11 month must be registered. I would prefer a 'Leave and License' agreement instead of Rent agreement making my intensions clear in documents, so that there is no interest created in the property favoring the licensee.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register