Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Venky (nothing)     23 December 2013

Rent advance from house owner

HI All,

I am venkat from bangalore and let me explain my issue completely.

I have seen a house H1 for rent on October 20th which was about to finish its construction and house warming cermony by 14th November.

It was discussed and agreed that Advance would be Rupees 80,000 and monthly rent would be 10,000.

So i paid the owner rupees 40,000 (by cash )intially and rest of the advance (40,000 ) upon hand over of the house on 1st December.

All these terms and conditions are written as agreement on stamp paper.And stamp paper was signed by him and attested by a notary.

So actually the house construction was not completed in time and owner said that house would be completed by february 2014. As i have already given 30 days notice period to my previous owner on 2nd november and donot have any other option other than looking for another house for rent , which is ready to occupy.

SO i went back to H1- house owner as house construction was not completed and not handed over to me on time, i had to look out for other house for rent.

The H1- house owner was not picking my calls and blocking my calls and was not available at home to speak with him directly. Looks like he is avoiding me for these days.

How should i my approach in getting my money back ?

If go through police FIR / complaint , what would be process ?

Please suggest some options to get my money back ?

Learning

6 Replies

Alpesh (Officer)     23 December 2013

You can go to direct your area police station and explain your above issue, also carry with agreement copy. They will help you.

If you mentioned 40, 000/- cash paid in agreement, than police will help you but you have not mentioned about it its difficult for recover because you have no evidence.

1 Like

Venky (nothing)     23 December 2013

The amount 40,000 was mentioned in the agreement. Thanks for your promptreply.

dkshankar (Advocate)     24 December 2013

Hi VENKAT, pls remember since you have paid money as advance u can claim only under civil laws. Police can do nothing. If u had Police friend they can make compromise, but it is difficult to take Criminal action.

Hi VENKAT, pls remember since you have paid money as advance u can claim only under civil laws. Police can do nothing. If u had Police friend they can make compromise, but it is difficult to take Criminal action.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register